The held container of Ecstatic Dance Chicago is able to facilitate deep dives into authentic and inspired expression. The required guidelines are the foundation to that container. They develop and nurture the awareness of personal expression, awareness of fellow dancers, and the awareness of the felt presence of the collective.
- The Dance floor is free of talking and verbal conversations. Making sounds and being vocal is welcomed as long as it is not continuous and disruptive to the space.
- Photography and Videography is only appropriate in the in the socializing areas. On the dance floor it is only allowed by permission, and only after it has been announced to the participants prior to the dance.
- To invite someone into a shared dance make eye contact with a gesture of open palms.
- To accept an invitation begin engaging and sharing in the dance.
- To clearly refuse an invitation place your hands in prayer position while keeping eye contact, as a sign of no thank you. Or simply do not engage.
- To end a shared dance place your hands in prayer position while keeping eye contact, as a sign of thank you I am done. Or simply dance away without any formal ending.
- Please refrain from wearing strong scents to make the dance floor more accessible for those with scent sensitivities. This also includes body oder.
- The dance floor is a barefoot space. You can wear indoor shoes or dance shoes if you need them for dancing.