✶ Required Space Guidelines:
– Please do not come if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness on the day of, or up to two weeks before the dance (tickets can be transferred or refunded).
– All bodies are welcome.
– Bring your own water.
– Avoid wearing strong scents.
– Do wear deodorant, and please take care of stinky feet before entering the dance space.
– Cacao consumption is completely optional and is not required for participation. Cacao is not advised for anyone taking pharmaceutical anti-depressants, or anyone with epilepsy. It is also not advised for anyone with a heart condition to have a 40 gram or higher serving of pure cacao.
✶ Required Dance Guidelines:
– Talking, cell phones, photography, and alcohol are left outside the dance space. Shoes are as well, unless you need them to dance. Playfulness, curiosity, and a welcoming spirit are invited in.
– To invite a participant into a shared dance, make eye contact and a gesture of open hands.
– To refuse an invitation, make eye contact w/ your palms together at the chest as a sign of “no thank you,” or ignore the invitation.
– To finish a shared dance, make eye contact w/ your palms together at the chest as a sign of “thank you, I am done,” or just dance away.
– Keep the intimacy found in a shared dance/communication exclusive to the Ecstatic Dance container. (Remember that it doesn’t automatically translate to that same person or group in a different container or space)
– Refrain from acting on sexual arousal in shared dances. (Feeling sexual energy is ok)
– Give extra space to anyone wearing a red fabric. Clean Red Fabric is available at the sign in table.
✶ Tickets are Available ✶
✶ Dance Location ✶
Ahimsa Yoga in Oak Park
441 South Blvd, Oak Park, IL 60302
For updates on current and upcoming dances please join the mailing list by filling out the form bellow, and add EcstaticDanceChicago@gmail.com to your address book to avoid the letters going to spam or anywhere other than your inbox.