Creating the Safety Dance is An Embodied Training & Culture Building in Nonviolent Communication, Trauma-Informed Response & Consent.
In this workshop, we invite you to explore building a more aware and mindful culture within social dance communities and beyond. You will be offered content and practice in foundations of Nonviolent Communication, trauma-informed responses, and consent. We aim to build toward a holistic systems with awareness, conversation, and embodied experiences. This is Part I of a two-part series, which will continue later this spring.
“Creating a Safety Dance!” will be held both in person at the ECO Collective and online via Zoom.
Saturday, April 9th, 2022
– Workshop 12:30pm – 3:30pm CDT
– Potluck Social 3:30pm – 4:30pm. Please bring a veg dish to share.
For Zoom link RSVP through Eventbrite link below.
In Person at the ECO Collective
2042 W 21st St. Chicago, IL., 60608
(Make sure to go to 21st Street, not Place)
We encourage taking care of your needs for energy by bringing beverages and snacks. Some light vegan snacks will also be provided. We will have 1 formal break within the session, and we welcome the right to refuge throughout with self-guided informal breaks.
Please direct any questions to Julie Brannen at email@example.com
This workshop is donation-based.
Suggested amounts are $10, $20, $30, & $42.
Any amount of contribution is enough to attend.
– Julie Brannen’s mission is to restore, reunite, + rewild humanity with nature via the avenues of creativity, community, education, health + wellness.
Her greatest joy comes from guiding folks into an organic + compassionate practice of fiercely approaching vulnerability + embodying whole-hearted living. Her goal is to create brave, inclusive spaces in order to allow for radiant expression, courageous liberation, + uplifting connection.
She is a Certified Reiki Master Teacher, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Registered Dance/Movement Therapist, with a Master of Arts in Dance/Movement Therapy + Counseling, + Graduate Laban Certificate in Movement Analysis from Columbia College Chicago.
– Jane Zawadowski is a candidate for certification in Nonviolent Communication with over 50 full days of training in NVC. Jane co-founded NVCDayOne, to provide online community sessions on NVC. Jane is also a mother of 3 teenagers, a Resonant Healing Practitioner, 200-hour certified yoga instructor, LBS1-certified special education teacher, has a Masters in Criminal Justice, and is former community organizer.
Through her work and play, Jane enjoys contributing to and co-creating more of the world we want to live in, where people receive accompaniment, practice self-connection, and have access to abundance and choice.
– Ecstatic Dance Chicago elevates culture by offering a space to cultivate authentic expression, and mindful connection.